Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Employee of the Week #4

Previous Winners :
  • Michael Vick
  • Kid CuDi
  • Kemba Walker

Employee of the Week? No question for who it is this week : I've been anticipating this album release for months. Ladies n' gents --

Deadmau5 is the new Employee of the Week.

When Joel "Deadmau5" Zimmerman isn't doing cameos in "Gossip Girl" or killin' it during the commercials (hah) of the last MTV Video Music Awards, he's releasing some 5-star albums. "4x4=12", released on the 6th of this month, I believe, has some pretty high standards going for it -- deemed his 'breakthrough' album, "4x4=12" will either propel him into the newly-found David Guetta-esque pop status, or sink his ship back into the digital underground. If it's the former, good for Joel. I'm long past the point of caring whether my favorite artists 'sell out', or 'make it big', or whatever you wanna call it. Hopefully, he'll make it big on quality, and not watered-down catchiness (i.e. Kings of Leon). I haven't actually played the album enough to compare it to his previous two (which will be a lot - believe me), but it's been in heavy rotation since MediaFire was so kind enough to let me have it four days before the official release.

When you get a minute, you've gotta take a listen to this fun ten-minute mini-mix of the album --








C.C.I xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...